Before applying, kindly check that you have, or are likely to achieve, the required grades at the appropriate level and in the relevant subjects for the course you have chosen. The entry requirements will vary from course to course and you are advised to get in touch with the South Asia Office to know if you are eligible to apply. You can send us your query and we will revert back to you or you can call us up at.
The University requires overall 75% at C.B.S.E or equivalent board (in English plus best 3 relevant subjects) in Class 12th. Depending on the programme applied for a minimum percentage in relevant subjects such as Maths/Physics/Chemistry may be there.
For some of the programmes, the requirement is 80% to 85%.
For 'A' Levels and IB requirements, please have a look at the www.leeds.ac.uk
The University requires 60% in Graduation. However for some of the programmes the requirement is 65% to 70%.
For MBA Programme, we need 1st class degree (60%) and minimum of 3 years full time Managerial work experience (at the time of application) after graduation. The students will have to undergo an interview as well.
Research Degree Programmes:
PhD Students are advised to visit www.leeds.ac.uk for more information on the areas of research available at the University's relevant Department. They have to submit a synopsis of the Research Proposal (in 1000 words) along with the PhD Application Form.
English Language Requirements
Students who have scored 70% and above in English in Class 12th are not required taking any English Language Examination.
Else you may take either of these TOEFL (240 CBT or 94 IBT) or IELTS (6.5 Overall Band), or PTE - Pearson Test of English (64 score). Some departments might ask for lower (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) or higher (IELTS 7.0 or equivalent). For any further query, please contact the South Asia Office.
For PhD programme, English Language Examination (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE) is mandatory.
Documents to be submitted with Undergraduate Application Form:
KINDLY NOTE THAT YOU CANNOT SEND ANY DOCUMENT WITH YOUR UCAS APPLICATION FORM.
WHEN APPLYING ONLINE THROUGH UCAS WEBSITE, YOU HAVE TO SUBMIT ONLY THE APPLICATION FORM. However, you can send us a copy of your UCAS Application Form with Class 10th marksheet and other relevant documents (latest & best 3-4 extra-curricular certificates) for our records. It will enable us to help with the processing of your Application and to do the follow-up's for offer status.
Common Documents to be submitted with the Postgraduate/PhD Application Form:
- Curriculum vitae/Resume (not exceeding two pages)
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement (not exceeding one page)
- Post-Graduation Degree Certificate/ Provisional Degree (if original is not received) (if applicable)
- Post-Graduation Mark sheets (all years separately) (if applicable)
- Graduation Degree Certificate/Provisional Degree (if original is not received)
- Graduation Mark sheets (all years separately)/Transcripts
- Class 12th / IB / 'A' Level Mark sheet
- Class 10th / 'O' Level Mark sheet
- TOEFL score card / IELTS score card /PTE score card (if applicable)
Academic Reference - 2 nos. (on the letterhead of last Institution/College studied) - Some of the departments might require the original Academic reference letters. They will let you know after receiving your Application
Other Academic/Extra-Curricular Certificates - Maximum 4 – latest and best; National level competition relevant certificates
- Copy of Passport (First and Last page)
- Passport Size photograph - One
Extra document required for Research Application Form:
Research Proposal of 1000 words is required to be attached with the Application Form
Extra document For MBA Application Form:
- Essay Questions - 3 Nos.
- GMAT score card (if applicable)
- Work Experience Certificate
- Work Reference
Do's and Dont's for the Application Form:
- Attach photocopy of the documents with the Application Form.
- Applications are being sent through scanning to the University, so please submit a good quality photocopies with the Application Form.
- If applying online, please ensure scan quality of documents is good else it may lead to delay in decisions
- Don't send original documents to us with the Application Form unless asked for as you are required to show the originals only at the time of registration at the University in September.
- Don't send incomplete Application Form to us. In case you are facing a problem in filling out the Form, please get in touch with us.