The University of Leeds is an international university, but it’s unmistakably British too. Established in 1904, the University of Leeds is one of the UK’s largest universities, world famous for its teaching and research and located in the heart of a vibrant, affordable and student-friendly city. The University of Leeds is a member of the Russell Group that consists of the UK’s top 24 research-led universities. Leeds has a long tradition of welcoming students from India and is first choice for more than 30,000 students from over 140 different countries.
Top Reasons to Join this Institute
- University of Leeds is one of the UK is largest universities and is world famous for its excellence teaching and research. Leeds city is located in West Yorkshire, UK.
- We are one of only 24 UK universities that make up the prestigious research-intensive Russell Group. We are a world top 100 university and a UK top 10 research institution.
- We have a truly cosmopolitan campus with an international student population of more than 5,000 drawn from 145 countries and staff of 99 different nationalities. You will find a real sense of community among our 33,000 students.
- The University is on a single campus (98 acres), just ten minutes walk from the bustling Leeds city center. Leeds City rail station is either a 20 minute walk or a short bus-ride away. Buses run year-round from the Citybus stop immediately outside the station entrance. The University has two sites across Leeds, the main campus with plenty of open space and excellent facilities all close at hand, or Oxbridge-style ambience.
- Located in England is second financial and legal capital after London. 3rd largest city in the UK, surrounded by culture, history and outstanding national parks. An acclaimed nightlife and vibrant music scene. Located only 2 hours from London and 3 hrs from Edinburgh, it is the perfect base to travel around the UK
- As per the Research Assessment Exercise 2008, 93% of its Departments are rated high. University of Leeds is a member of the Russell Group that consists of the UK is top 24 research-led universities.
1. Leeds has been rated Top 10 University in the UK for student experience
(Times Higher Education 2012).
2. Leeds is among the Top 100 University in the world (QS World University
3. TOP 10 University for research in the UK (RAE 2008).
4. International Business is ranked 4th in the world and 1st in the UK .
5. Organisational Behaviour is 4th in the world and 3rd in the UK.
The University of Leeds has been ranked 1st out of 16 participating Russell Group universities for overall international student satisfaction in the latest International Student Barometer survey (Autumn 2012).
The University offers over 500 undergraduate courses. The top 5 most popular subject areas amongst Indian Students include:
- Communications Studies
Study Abroad and Industrial Placement Year options are also available on certain programmes. For more information on undergraduate courses please visit www.leeds.ac.uk
Choose from over 300 taught Masters programmes as well as PhD doctorate programmes in areas of cutting edge research. Popular subject areas amongst Indian students include:
- Communications Studies
For more information on postgraduate courses at Leeds please visit www.leeds.ac.uk
Leeds offers general scholarships for international students and some subject specific scholarships for Indian students Postgraduate scholarships information is available at www.scholarships.leeds.ac.uk and for undergraduate study can be found via the relevant faculty/school website at www.leeds.ac.uk/faculty